Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Monday 5th September, Hlobaek Fjord, Denmark - George's entry

Hello everyone! It’s me, George. Today has been a peaceful planning day for Mum & Dad. Charlie and I had a fun home school session by playing: facts-on-countries-of-the-world game for geography, monopoly for maths and scrabble for English. Fun!! 
We then went for a freeeeezing swim! We also found an outdoor gym. We spent more time in the gym than in the swimming pool and by the time we got to the caravan we thought we had lost a lot of weight. But that didn't last long because (after I had finished helping Dad take down the awning) Mum, Charlie and I started making rice krispies and cornflake cakes. We had to wait a long, agonising wait over dinner before we could eat them. When we finally did, we found they were so delicious that we had to give Edwin some too. Edwin (in case Dad hasn't mentioned him) is a biker from The Netherlands. If he didn't have a Dutch accent then you could mistake him for an English person. His English is astounding and he is very friendly. We are going to Sweden tomorrow. I will be sad to leave Denmark but I can't wait until we get to Sweden. I will be especially eager when we get to Stockholm because it is the home of Ikea and those of you who don't know, I love Ikea! I can't wait to see everyone again.
We are now off to Holbaek Fjord. A fjord is pretty much a Danish lake that runs into the sea. The fjord is a 5 minute scooter ride away from our campsite and there is a marina there. We are off to sit down at the water’s edge to drink ginger beer and beer and watch the sun going down.
From,
George.
This was written on Monday


No comments:

Post a Comment